1 Bedroom 1 Bathroom
1 Bedroom, 1 Bath, 377 sq ft
- Each 1 to 4-bedroom apartment comes fully furnished. We provide high-speed Internet, individual leases, roommate matching services and furnishings. This spacious 1-bedroom, 1-bath floor plan includes private bedrooms with plenty of closet space and a bathroom with a tub.
2 Bedroom 1 Bathroom
2 Bedroom, 1 Bath, 760 sq ft
- Each 1 to 4-bedroom apartment comes fully furnished. We provide high-speed Internet, individual leases, roommate matching services and furnishings. This spacious 2-bedroom, 1-bath floor plan includes private bedrooms with plenty of closet space and a bathroom with a tub and dual vanity.
3 Bedroom 2 Bathroom
3 Bedroom, 2 Bath, 1016 sq ft
- Each 1 to 4-bedroom apartment comes fully furnished. We provide high-speed Internet, individual leases, roommate matching services, and furnishings. This spacious 3-bedroom, 2-bath floor plan includes private bedrooms with plenty of closet space and 2 bathrooms with a tubs and dual vanities.
4 Bedroom 2 Bathroom
4 Bedroom, 2 Bath, 1136 sq ft
- Each 1 to 4-bedroom apartment comes fully furnished. We provide high-speed Internet, individual leases, roommate matching services, and furnishings. This spacious 4-bedroom, 2-bath floor plan includes private bedrooms with plenty of closet space and 2 bathrooms with a tubs and dual vanities.
4 Bedroom 4 Bathroom
4 Bedroom, 4 Bath, 1356 sq ft
- Each 1 to 4-bedroom apartment comes fully furnished. We provide high-speed Internet, individual leases, roommate matching services, and furnishings. This spacious 4-bedroom, 4-bath floor plan includes private bedrooms with plenty of closet space and 4 bathrooms with a tubs.
Leasing & Individual Leases
When comparing our rates to on-campus rates you must take into consideration many variables, including floor plan layout, square footage, furniture, utilities and community events. Our leasing staff is available to discuss with you how our rates compare to other housing options and validate that our community offers you the best value for your money, as well as a great location and incredible amenities.
The Commons at Knoxville residents are welcome to bring additional furniture into the apartment if they so desire. Residents are responsible for removing their own personal furniture, along with all of their other belongings, upon move-out.
Great News! You may pay your rent online. You can view your balance, submit electronic checks, or pay with a Visa, MasterCard, or Discover from any computer. You can even submit maintenance requests! Just log on to our website, click the “Pay Rent” button. This will take you to our resident rent pay portal. There is a small convenience charge for this service.
Yes, The Commons at Knoxville is a pet friendly community! Permitted animals must weigh no more than 50 lbs. and aggressive breeds are not permitted. No more than one animal is permitted in a bedroom and no more than two animals are permitted in an apartment.
We have partnered with RoomSync to provide a modern matching platform where residents choose their own roommates. After you complete the leasing process you will be emailed a link to join our RoomSync network. You will then log in to RoomSync using Facebook, create a matching profile, and begin your search to find your new best friend – or roommate for starters. If you already have a roommate in mind, you can confirm your roommate request within RoomSync.
Residents who already have preferred roommates can confirm their roommate match requests using RoomSync, our roommate matching platform. If they do not already have a roommate, residents will search for and choose their own roommate using RoomSync. Residents will be able to communicate with each other during and after the selection process. In the event that potential roommates discover that they are no longer compatible, they can request a different roommate and we will do our best to accommodate any change request. To provide sufficient time and the greatest opportunity for residents to find the perfect roommate, they should apply and sign a lease as early as possible.
All of The Commons at Knoxville’s buildings are within walking distance of the University of Tennessee campus.
Yes. All leases are required to have a guarantor. If an approved guarantor cannot be obtained, EdR Management, Inc. will accept a security deposit equal to three (3) month’s rent.
The Commons at Knoxville does not offer a discount to residents paying for a lease term in full. However, we do accept full and advance payments as an alternative to monthly installments.
Parking is based on a first come first serve basis. We have assigned and limited parking at all 5 complexes.
Leases can not be cancelled. Under the terms of the lease, you may do a “Lease Takeover” and have someone legally take over the responsibility of the lease for the remainder of the term. Please direct any questions about this to the Community Assistants or Management at the main office.
You can check out the Floor Plans page of our website for current cost of apartments.
Bedrooms at The Commons at Knoxville come furnished with a full-size, extra long bed. Sheets in full extra long and queen sizes will fit the mattresses.
The Commons at Knoxville leases all apartments and bedrooms by-the-bedroom. This means that rather than having one lease per apartment, we offer a separate individual lease for each bedroom within the apartment. Having your own individual lease means that you’re only responsible for your rent, not your roommate’s!
Rent at The Commons at Knoxville includes extended basic cable television with HBO, internet access, water, sewer, pest control, and trash removal. Electricity is not included and should be set up through the Knoxville Utilities Board at (865) 524-2911.
All application and service fees, as well as applicable deposits, are due at lease signing. The Commons at Knoxville cannot reserve a bedroom or apartment until these fees have been paid.
The Commons at Knoxville does not send out a monthly reminder for rent. Rent is due on the first of each month and is considered late if received after the 5th. A 10% late fee is applied to all late rental payments..
We want you to be comfortable here, and we will do everything we can to accommodate your roommate requests.
Are you loving it here and can’t imagine leaving at the end of your lease? By signing a renewal, you get to extend your stay at your community!
When you renew and choose to stay in your current spot, no moving is required!
No. Your guarantor doesn’t have to do anything extra!
Contact the office for details on the options available to you.
Renewing now will provide the most benefit to you. By signing early, you will secure your space for next year and take advantage of the best pricing available.
We know how busy you are, so we have made the process as quick and easy as possible. Renewing is a easy as “1,2,3!” Just following these steps:
1. Open your renewal email from us.
2. Review the terms, and click “Accept”
3. Follow the prompts to sign the new lease agreement.
It’s that easy!
On the first day of your new lease.